Kerry Reed, NP
Sr. Instructor, Pediatrics-Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Recognition & Awards
Excellence in Clinical Practice Award , Hillman Alumni Network
Kerry Reed, NP. Constipation Management with Kerry Reed, NP (S4:E35). Charting Pediatrics, Children's Hospital Colorado, Aurora, Colorado, June 10, 2021. http://bit.ly/3xaZvqP.
Small, L., Spencer, T., Medina, R., Reed, K., Dudley, S., & Gawlik, K. (2019). Evidence-based assessment of the gastrointestinal and urinary systems (Chapter 16). In “Evidence-Based Physical Examination: Best Practices for Health & Well-Being Assessment.” (1st Ed.). Springer Publishing LLC: New York, NY. In press.
National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practioners, Member
Association of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Nurses, Board Member
Association of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Nurses, Secretary / Treasurer
Advanced Practice Councel - CHco, Tri-chair of the counsel
Conditions & Treatments
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Certificate
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Board Certification
Registered Nurse, License
- Digestive System - Gastroenterology (Stomach, Bowel, General GI Problems)
- Digestive System - Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Digestive System
- Digestive System - Celiac Disease
- Digestive System - Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Digestive System - Intestinal Failure / Short Bowel Syndrome
I am interested in caring for children with abdominal pain, constipation, encopresis, reflux, celiac disease, IBS, short bowel syndrome.
My passion is caring for children of all ages with GI conditions. With a young family of my own, I understand how important it is for children to be healthy and feel well. I believe understanding the patient and family as whole, helps me to offer the best options for care and treatment.
I enjoying spending time with my family. We all enjoy being outdoors - skiing, hiking, running and camping. I enjoy cooking at home.
- Volunteer for a national GI nursing organization, The Association of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Nurses (APGNN).
- Active member of the Advanced Practice Provider group at Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Prior mentor for a child in the Sports Buddies Program organized by Big Brothers Big Sisters Corporation.